Share this page
Spending time with your spouse is important for your marriage and your children.
Families for Life Council Member, Ms Sim Siew Moon, shared “Setting aside time to nurture the relationship is helpful not only to the couple but to the children’s upbringing as well. It provides children with a good example for their own future relationships. Growing up in a family where the parents have a healthy relationship allows the child to flourish in a loving environment and has a positive impact on them.”
Time to whip out your diaries and find some time to schedule a date night, just you and your partner, without the kids. Try asking family or friends to watch over the kids while you take some time out to fall in love again.
Here are some adult-only activity ideas for couples looking to break away from their regular habits:
• The Royal Albatross docks alongside Adventure Cove Waterpark at Resort World Sentosa. This luxury tall ship has been re-designed and re-fitted since it arrived in Singapore welcoming guests onboard for their regular dinner cruises or traditional British Sunday Roast dinner. Also available for hire as an event venue or for a private charter for up to 130 pax, this too could be your venue to celebrate your wedding anniversary with family and friends, maybe?
• If you prefer to stay on land, how about taking a tour in a vintage vespa sidecar? Singapore Sidecars Singapore Sidecars is a social enterprise providing the world’s first vintage vespa sidecar tours while channeling profits and resources to supporting good causes. Tours range from 1-3 hours and typically include a ride through heritage areas such as Kampung Glam, Joo Chiat/Katong, Little India and Chinatown.
Isn’t laughter the best medicine? Leave your worries behind, de-stress and laugh out loud at a live comedy show. Comedy clubs are popping up around Singapore with shows in the evening or on weekends. Unwind over drinks while having a good laugh. Check out these comedy clubs in Singapore:
• Comedy Masala holds a show every Tuesday at HERO’s, 69 Circular Road. Occasionally, they invite foreign comedians from Australia, UK, USA. Tickets from $15.
• The Merry Lion is the only full-time comedy act located at 8B Circular Road, Level 3. Hosted by Jinx Yeo, a Singaporean comedian who has performed widely at international comedy shows, his clever and original material is easily relatable and will have you in stitches in no time.
• Comedy at Canvas features Kumar, Singapore’s iconic drag comedian. A local legend in the entertainment industry, he earned his fame at the now defunct Boom Boom Boom where his performance includes lip-syncing, dancing and dramatic costumes.
All over the world, food has a symbolic meaning. It has the ability to bring people of different cultures together and bridge differences over a meal. Below are cooking studios that offer a short workshop for a hands-on cooking experience. The schools have equipment and ingredients ready and cater to all levels of cooking/baking experience. All you need to do is book a class and show up with your partner.
• Buonissimo keeps classes small, up to 15 pax and typically focuses on European cuisine. Learn to cook a fancy meal and perhaps whip up the next romantic dinner at home yourself! You can view the menu and book your class online. Tickets from $90.
• BakinCalf is a home-based baking school in Yishun. You learn to bake cookies, cupcakes, pastry and cakes such as the instagrammable Unicorn cake. Try your hand at homemade fondants, buttercream and decorate your own cake.
• Food Playground holds cooking classes focus on signature Singaporean dishes such as Laksa, Hainanese Chicken Rice and Satay. Classes are held on weekday mornings and end with a communal dining session.
p.s. Guys, don’t forget the flowers, just because...
Tags: Growing your relationship /Commitment /Dating Tips
Communication is the cornerstone of a relationship. What happens when all you talk about are the kids, in-laws and household chores? Read on for our tips on making that connection
Is it possible for arguements to be constructive? Dating Moments shares some Tips & Advice on how to go about it!
4 min • Young and old couples share unchecked items on their couples’ bucket list. Have you done them yet? What does yours look like?
Is your marriage stuck in a rut? Here are some ideas to help you breathe life into a boring marriage.