Use buttons to create a unique piece of art for your family. Choose a large letter or a monogramme and fill it in with buttons of various sizes. For best results, try to keep the buttons within a certain colour range, tone or intensity. Mixing in buttons of different sizes and textures will bring interest and dimension to your finished piece.
- A4 foam board
- A4 sheet of printer paper
- Glue Stick
- 12” ribbon
- White glue
- Create a large letter using a program like Microsoft word and print it out on A4.
- Use a glue stick to attach the printed letter to your foam board.
- Lay out buttons on top of the letter to find the best fit to cover the letter. Use different sizes and shapes to add dynamism and variety.
- Start gluing the buttons on top of the letter using the white glue.
- Once the board is dry, frame it and display in your family’s favourite room.