Everybody loves chocolate! So win the most popular parent award by whipping up a batch of these delectably moist chocolate cupcake nibbles.
Chocolate Cupcake Nibbles
This recipe makes 14 cupcake nibbles.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 14 muffin cups with liners.
- Pour unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and mix with boiling water until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat only until just combined.
- In a steady stream, add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full with batter. Bake for 16 to 19 minutes.
Adapted from an article first published on 24 Sep 2013 on the Dads for Life Toolbox.