Opening Hours:8am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
Enquiry Hotline:6251 4331 ext 16
Fancy satisfying your stomach, enjoying a unique experience, making a meaningful contribution, and bonding with your family—all at the same time?
Held at the Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH)’s building, “Dining in the Dark” is a dining experience that takes place, as its name suggests, in the dark!
Patrons will be ushered into a room that is pitch-black, where you won’t be able to see your hands in front of your face, much less the three-course meal laid out before you. From the soup to the dessert, the entire “hands-on” experience gets your other senses, such as your hearing, taste, etc., on the overdrive. You’d have to learn to rely on senses such as touch to perform a simple task like pouring water into your cup.
SAVH designed this ingenious way to raise awareness of the challenges faced by people with visual impairment. Through this, SAVH is also able to provide their visually impaired clients with opportunities to earn a living by engaging them as chefs, kitchen helpers and servers, and to acquire skills specific to their roles.
To make a reservation and for this unique dining experience, fill in the Reservation Form found on the website. For more information, contact SAVH at 6251 4331 ext 166 or email email@example.com.
By being involved in this experience as a family, you’d be surprised at how much it’d enrich both you and your family:
- Allows your children to understand about visual disability and the challenges these individuals face on a daily basis
- Fosters empathy in your children by showing them how they can be givers and how they can impact the community positively
- Builds a family culture of giving back to the community and making a difference through volunteering efforts
- Gives everyone in the family a sense of purpose and accomplishment
Strengthens bonds through shared experience outside of your family’s routines
- Studies show that we derive pleasure through helping others. Thus, the more we give, the happier we’d feel
- Provides your family with opportunities to spend time together, connect and have conversations