Arriving on the shores of Singapore in 2009, this unique water sport, Stand Up Paddle (SUP), has since gained traction here. As its name suggests, this activity requires you to paddle through the waters whilst standing upright on your board.
It’s a test of finding your balance, navigating through the waves and paddling continuously—all at the same time!
For more on this hybrid water sport and classes, do check out these SUP service providers:
So, why not hop on board this intriguing water activity with your family? Not only will it be a fascinating time to bond and exercise together, it’d also be an eye-opening experience for your energetic little ones—to satiate their inquisitive nature and sense of adventure!
For the more active families, you can turn this activity into a shared passion and hobby. You can also grow your own SUP tribe by including interested senior members of the family and extended families!
To find out more about the safety measures and what to prepare for this sport, do contact your preferred service provider. You may also like to note the following:
- Ensure that your children can swim and are confident in water.
- Refrain from participating in this sport if you are expecting and/or have existing medical conditions or injuries. For non/weak swimmers, do inform your service provider in advance.
- Wear swimwear or any attire that doesn’t hinder movements.
- Bring along a water bottle for hydration.
- Don’t forget your towel, change of clothes and toiletries.
- And if you’d like to capture your family’s SUP experience, bring along a waterproof camera.