Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
On Registration and Balloting
- Do I need to pay for the registration?
The Families for Life Celebrations 2015 is free. Families can register to stand a chance to receive Universal Studios Singapore® Passes.
- Who is eligible to register for the event?
The Families for Life Celebrations 2015 is opened to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore.
- Do I have more chances if I register more than once?
You are only allowed one registration per NRIC/BC. This is applicable for both the main registrant and all the people attending as indicated in the registration form. Children 3 years old and below do not need to be registered, they can enter Universal Studios Singapore® without a pass.
Please follow the guidelines on registration indicated on the website. Each registrant must opt for either 6, 8 or 10 Universal Studios Singapore® Passes.
- What is the validity of the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes?
The Passes to Universal Studios Singapore® are valid for entry only on either 5 September 2015, Saturday from 5pm to 11pm or 6 September 2015, Sunday from 5pm to 11pm. Registrants need to choose which date they prefer in the registration form.
- If I can only get less than 6 people from my extended family to attend the event, can I still ballot for the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes?
You can encourage your friends’ families to join in the balloting but submit only 1 registration form. You will need to provide their information such as names and NRIC/BC numbers for all the people attending.
- I have registered on the first day when the registration started, why did I not get the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes?
The Universal Studios Singapore® Passes are not allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Balloting will be carried out after the registration period ends and we will inform the successful registrants by 24 August 2015 on the balloting results.
- Is there any limit in terms of the number of family members that I can bring along?
We encourage 3-Generation families and extended families to join us at FFL Celebrations. As such, we are giving the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes in sets of 6, 8 or 10. You can choose the number of Passes required for your family in the registration form. You will need to indicate the total number of attendees and their details such as names and NRIC/BC numbers in the registration form. Children 3 years old and below do not need to be registered, they can enter Universal Studios Singapore® without a pass.
- My registration was unsuccessful/The registration has closed. We are very interested. Can we still turn up at FFL Celebrations?
Although you did not get the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes, you can still participate in the FFL activities at the FFL Celebrations Square outside Universal Studios Singapore® which are complimentary from 3pm-7pm on 5 and 6 September 2015.
- Are the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes transferrable or exchange for cash?
The Universal Studios Singapore® Passes may not be exchanged with the Organiser for cash and no sale of the Passes won. We will take necessary actions if the Passes are sold. There is strictly no authorisation of collection allowed.
On Event Day
- What happens if it rains heavily or there is bad haze on the event day?
As Universal Studios Singapore® is partially sheltered, the indoor rides will continue to operate but the outdoor rides will only resume when the rain stops. Should the event be cancelled due to haze, participants will be notified by the Organiser via SMS.
- When can we redeem the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes?
Universal Studios Singapore® Passes are to be redeemed only at Resorts World Sentosa, Resorts World Convention Centre, Ballroom Pisces 3 & 4 on the date of validity of the Passes, 3pm to 7pm.
- What do I need to bring to collect the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes at the event?
Please present your confirmation email via your smartphone/hardcopy printout and NRIC to collect the Universal Studios Singapore® Passes. The family members that you registered should also bring along their NRIC for random checks.
- Can I buy more Universal Studios Singapore® Passes for my other family/extended family members?
Yes, if you have successfully balloted for Universal Studios Singapore® Passes and require more Passes, you may purchase additional Passes at a discounted rate of $40 per adult/child. The Passes can be purchased at the main ticketing booth just outside Universal Studios Singapore®.
Please show the complimentary Universal Studios Singapore® Passes and wristbands for verification when purchasing Passes at the main ticketing booth.
- What time should we be at the event?
The counters for collection of Universal Studios Singapore® Passes will be opened from 3pm to 7pm at Resorts World Sentosa, Resorts World Convention Centre, Ballroom - Pisces 3 & 4 on the date of validity of the Passes.
We encourage families to be early to participate in the complimentary activities at the FFL Celebrations Square outside Universal Studios Singapore®. More details will be shared closer to event date.
- Will I be able to bring in food and drinks into the Park?
[Extracted from RWS website] - We offer a variety of fresh and delicious food for our guests to enjoy at our restaurants and concession stands throughout the Park. However, we do understand that guests may need to bring in food bought from outside the Park. Please note the following guidelines:
- Acceptable items:
- Bottled water
- Any food required for medical purposes and medically-indicated nutritional supplements
- Any food required for special dietary needs
- Baby food/baby formula
- Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5” wide x 6” high x 6” deep (216mm x 152mm x 152mm
- Prohibited Items:
- Picnic lunches
- Hard-sided coolers and glass containers
- Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5” wide x 6” high x 6” deep
- Coolers, suitcases and bags with wheel
Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.
- Are there facilities for the handicapped in the Park?
[Extracted from RWS website] - A complimentary Rider’s Guide for guests with disabilities is available at Guest Services. Kindly approach any USS Team Member for directions.
- Who should I contact for more information?
For more information, you can email email@example.com.