My Family Weekend Picnic FAQ
About Families for Life Picnics
1. What is the event about?
First started in October 2014, the year-round picnics organised by Families for Life Council provide families with the opportunity to have fun outdoors and have conversations while spending quality time together. The picnics are held at heartland parks and have received great response from the public. Families can look forward to participating in fun and interesting activities at the picnics.
2. Where is the event held?
Families for Life picnics are usually held at heartland parks and community spaces. Please check the event page for the respective picnic venues.
1. Do I need to pay for registration?
Participation is free. Families who pre-register with us can receive a Families for Life goodie bag-per family, on a first-come-first-served basis, while stocks last.
2. Who is eligible to register for the event?
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore can register for the event. The main registrant should be at least 18 years of age.
3. Can I register on behalf of someone else?
You should only register for your own family.
4. I have submitted the wrong particulars during registration, what should I do? You can write in to email@example.com.
5. Is there any limit in terms of the number of family members that I can bring along?
The more the merrier! We encourage multi-generation and extended families to join us at the picnics. There is no limit on the number of family members you can bring to the event. However, do indicate the total number of attendees in your registration form.
6. If my registration is successful, would I be able to redeem a Goodie Bag at the event?
Upon successful registration, you should receive an email confirmation at the email address you’ve provided. Simply present the email with the QR code to the Registration Booth on the day of event to receive the goodie bag. Do check your spam/junk Inbox as well.
On Event Day
1. What time should we be at the event?
The picnic starts at 3.30pm. Families are encouraged to come earlier to get a good picnic spot!
2. I did not manage to register, can I still join the event?
Families are welcome to join us! You may approach the Walk-In booth between 3.30pm to 6pm.
3. What do I need to bring for registration at the event? How do I collect the Goodie Bag?
For pre-registered families, please present your confirmation email with the QR code via your smartphone/hardcopy printout at Registration Booth. The redemption booths will be open strictly between 3.30pm to 6.30pm. Please note that the redemption is on a first-come-first-served-basis and while stocks last on event day. There will not be any redemption after the event. For walk-in registrants, please proceed to the walk-in booth to register and receive a token on a first-come-first-serve-basis, while stocks last.
4. What is in the goodie bag?
The items in the goodie bag are an activity guide and a picnic mat.
5. What happens if it rains heavily or there is bad haze on the event day?
Should the event be cancelled due to bad weather/haze, participants will be notified by the organiser via SMS and updates will be done via Families for Life Facebook page at www.facebook.com/familiesforlife.sg.
6. Will there be any sale of food and drinks at the event?
Families are encouraged to bring your own food and drinks to create your unique picnic experience!
7. Can I bring a chair / beach chair / stool / table?
Safety is important to give everyone an enjoyable experience at the event. As such, foldable tables, chairs or stools are not allowed at the event.
8. Can I bring a tent or small canopy structure to provide shade?
No tents or other structures with canopy are allowed at the event as these might cause obstruction and pose a safety hazard to other families.
9. Are there toilets at the event?
There are portable and public toilet facilities located around the venue.
10. Is there wheelchair access?
The venue is wheelchair accessible. Please check with the onsite crew.
11. How could we dispose of our trash?
Trash bins will be provided. Please ensure that your area is litter-free when you leave to create a pleasant experience for everyone.
12. How can I find out more about Families for Life and other upcoming events?
Please follow us on Facebook or visit our website (www.familiesforlife.sg) for updates. You may also wish to subscribe to our mailing list.
13. Who should I contact for more information?
For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.