Share this page
Parents are children’s first and most enduring teachers. You play an important role in providing a home environment that promotes your children’s development, communication skills and school readiness.
What is Purposeful Play?
Developed jointly by the Ministry of Social and Family Development and the Parenting Research Centre from Australia, the Purposeful Play programme seeks to help parents develop their child through play and common home activities.
The Purposeful Play group introduces you to 10 evidence-based strategies that equips you with the knowledge and skills to:
• Think about ways to create a warm and stimulating home environment for your child
• Use everyday activities to develop language and problem-solving skills to enhance your child's school
readiness, as well as to bond and strengthen your relationship with your child.
Session 1: Warm and Gentle and Play
Session 2: Tuning In and Routines
Session 3: Following Your Child’s Lead and Shared Reading
Session 4: Listening and Talking More and Watching Screens Together
Session 5: Teachable Moments and Community Resources
What can I expect?
• 5 x 1.5-hour, in-person sessions with your child
• Conducted over 5 consecutive weeks
• Gain confidence in your skills to support your child's development!
• Build supportive relationships with other parents!
How do I sign up?
For enquiries, contact us at email@example.com.