Share this page
About Families for Life My Family Weekend Fun Day
1. What is the event about?
The annual My Family Weekend culminates in the My Family Weekend Fun Day where we provide families with the opportunity to have fun outdoors and have conversations while spending quality time together.
2. Where is the event held?
My Family Weekend Fun Day is held at Circular Road, which will be closed on Sunday, 2 September 2018 from 12pm – 6.30pm for the family carnival. Besides the Circular Road, the Singapore River Promenade @ UOB Plaza (UOB Promenade) will also be transformed for more exciting activities for the whole family.
1. Do I need to pay for registration?
Participation is free. Families who pre-register with us can receive a Families for Life goodie bag-per family, on a first-come-first-served basis, while stocks last.
2. Who is eligible to register for the event?
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore can register for the event. The main registrant should be at least 18 years of age.
3. Can I register on behalf of someone else?
You should only register for your own family.
4. I have submitted the wrong particulars during registration, what should I do?
You can write in to email@example.com.
5. Is there any limit in terms of the number of family members that I can bring along?
The more the merrier! We encourage multi-generation and extended families to join us at the picnics. There is no limit on the number of family members you can bring to the event. However, do indicate the total number of attendees in your registration form.
6. If my registration is successful, would I be able to redeem a Goodie Bag at the event?
Upon successful registration, you should receive an email confirmation at the email address you’ve provided. Simply present the email with the QR code to the Registration Booth at Circular Road on the day of event to receive the goodie bag. Do check your spam/junk Inbox as well.
On Event Day
1. What time should we be at the event?
My Family Weekend Fun Day is from 12pm to 6.30pm. Families are encouraged to come early to be eligible to sign up for the complimentary Family River Cruise @ UOB Promenade.
2. How do I sign up for the Family River Cruise?
Only pre-registered participants who register on-site between 12pm – 3.30pm can sign up for the cruise at the Family River Cruise. The Family River Cruise departs at 4.30pm, 5pm and 5.30pm, and the ride duration is 30-min long. Slots are limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please be at the departure point at least 15 minutes for the ride. The Organiser reserves the right to allocate the seats to other families should there be no-shows.
3. I did not manage to register; can I still join the event?
Families are welcome to join us! You may approach the Walk-In registration booth between 12pm – 6pm.
4. What do I need to bring for registration at the event? How do I collect the Goodie Bag?
For pre-registered families, please present your confirmation email with the QR code via your smartphone/hardcopy printout at Registration Booth located at Circular Road. The redemption booths will be open strictly between 12pm – 6pm.
Please note that the redemption is on a first-come-first-served-basis and while stocks last on event day. There will not be any redemption after the event. For walk-in registrants, please proceed to the walk-in booth to register and receive a token on a first-come-first-serve-basis, while stocks last.
5. What is in the goodie bag?
The items in the goodie bag are an activity guide and a frisbee. Complete the feedback form in the goodie bag and submit to us between 4pm – 5.30pm to stand to win up to $200 worth of vouchers at the My Family Weekend Lucky Draw @ 6pm.
6. What happens if it rains heavily or there is bad haze on the event day?
Should the event be cancelled due to bad weather/haze, participants will be notified by the organiser via SMS and updates will be done via Families for Life Facebook page at www.facebook.com/familiesforlife.sg.
7. Can I bring a chair / beach chair / stool / table?
As space is limited along the closed road, foldable tables, chairs or stools are not allowed at the event so ensure safety for all.
8. Can I bring a tent or small canopy structure to provide shade?
No tents or other structures with canopy are allowed at the event as these might cause obstruction and pose a safety hazard to other families.
9. Are there toilets at the event?
There are portable and public toilet facilities located around the venue.
10. Is there wheelchair access?
The venue is wheelchair accessible. Please check with the onsite crew.
11. How could we dispose of our trash?
Trash bins will be provided. Please ensure that your area is litter-free when you leave to create a pleasant experience for everyone.
12. How can I find out more about Families for Life and other upcoming events?
Please follow us on Facebook or visit our website (www.familiesforlife.sg) for updates. You may also wish to subscribe to our mailing list.
13. Who should I contact for more information?
For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.